January Favorites

January 31, 2016
I'm back!  January has been such a strange month for me, so I haven't been posting as much as I'd like to, but to be completely honest I was in a creative slump and didn't have any ideas for new posts! A favorites post isn't super original, but this month I have quite a few things I want to share with you all!



Fashion
Victoria's Secret Robe: If you saw my Christmas haul from this past year, then you know that I got a VS robe! I've worn it without fail every day since I got it, and it's one of my favorite things ever! I put it on when I get out of the shower and I wear it while doing my hair and makeup. I feel so glamourous when I wear it, and it has made taking a shower one of my favorite parts of the day!

Black Riding Boots: Another one of my Christmas gifts, I got the Sam Edelman Penny boots in black this year, and they are easily my most worn pair of shoes this month. They are extremely easy to wear and comfortable, which made them my go-to shoe for January!

C9 Champion Power Core Sports Bra: I've never been a huge fan of sports bras, 97% of the time I wear a regular bra because I prefer the amount of support.  A few weeks ago I realized that I only have one sports bra and it's one I've had for 3 years. I spotted the C9 Champion Women's Power Core Compression Racerback Sports Bra (what a mouthful...) at Target and I decided it was time for me to add it to my minuscule collection. I decided on this one not only because of the pattern, the front is a gray camo and the outline is pink, but because it's padded and offers more support. I still don't wear it a ton, but I have noticed that I reach for it more often and I feel super comfortable wearing it.

Beauty
Lorac Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer: As I mentioned in my winter makeup look for Adore Me, I received this primer with my Lorac Unzipped Palette. I don't think I've ever used a primer before but I decided to use this one since I had it and I realized how much better my makeup looks when I wear it. Not only does my eyeshadow last longer, but the eyeshadow application is also a lot smoother when I'm wearing this primer.

Revlon Silver Dollar Nail Polish: I created a whole post about this nail polish almost 2 years ago, which is crazy because I feel like I just realized how good it looks! I'm wearing it right now as I'm typing this post and it still looks great despite the fact that I've been wearing it for a week. One of the great things about metallic polishes is that they maintain a sparkly sheen and don't get dull like regular nail polishes. Between that and the fact that they are easier to remove than glitter nail polishes, I've found that metallic polishes are the perfect in between!

Benefit Bad Gal Lash: This was also a Christmas present, and I'm so glad I finally got to try it! It makes my lashes look super glamourous and volumized. I love wearing this when I take pictures because it makes my lashes super stand out. The only bad thing about this mascara is that the effect doesn't last all day. It doesn't smudge or look bad, they just don't look as great at the end of the day as they did in the beginning.

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara: Yet another Xmas gift and mentioned in my winter makeup look post, this mascara differs from Bad Gal Lash because for me it's more wearable for every day. It's moisturizing for the lashes and super lengthening, but most importantly lasts the whole day.


Food
New Lifestyle: This month I decided to cut dairy and meat from my diet. It's been difficult because I didn't realize how much dairy and meat I eat, but I've been saving tons of recipes on Pinterest. One of my favorites that I've tried is a modified version of this quesadilla recipe. We tripled the recipe and used full-size tortillas without cheese. They were delicious and cannot wait to try more recipes!

Other
Game Apps: Most people outgrow getting new games on their phone within a few months, because who really has time to play games anymore? A few weeks ago I finally upgraded to an iPhone 6, so of course, it was like having a brand new phone all over again. I fell in love with 3 games while I was stuck at home because of Snowstorm Jonas, and since then I finished two of them. The first one is called Lifeline which was Apple's free game of the week when I got my phone. The next game is called The Room, which is free for the first level and then you pay 99 cents to unlock the rest of the levels. The last game is called A Dark Room which is free but takes a bit longer to play. Lifeline and A Dark Room are role-playing games while The Room is a puzzle type game. What's great about all three of these games is that you can play them when and where ever you want, and they don't require tons of time!

Music: Although it just came out yesterday, Zayn's single Pillowtalk is already a favorite of mine. This month I've also been listening to Gold by Kiiara, TRAPSOUL by Bryson Tiller  (Don't and Overtime are my favorites), and Help and Chemistry by Blackbear.

Those are all of my January favorites and I feel like I had so many so I hope you all enjoyed! Leave your monthly favorites in the comments below. Stay tuned, xo Lauren.
© 2012 Lauren Alston. Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top